Every Holliday I try to find or make something for Alicia to do for a craft. For Christmas I have been making some pictures for Alicia to paint and hang on the walls. I have made a Christmas tree with ornaments and an angel (which I was very proud of). I am always thinking of different crafts for her to do. We have put glitter on pine cones and painted ornaments. Every night we scan the T.V. for a christmas movie to watch and we read her christmas books at night.
Sunday night I was on my way to work and I was listening to a talk (I don't remember who it was by if you do let me know). In this talk the Brother was talking about different levels of Christmas. Basically you have the level where Christmas is about the lights, presents, trees.
Then there is the level where you remember Christ. Where you teach your kids about Him and what He did for us.
This made me think about what I was teaching my daughter. I have forgotten Christ! I have not taught her the importance of Christmas. What it really represents. She is only three but I can start little with pictures of the manger to hang on the wall and what the star represents. There is a house down the street from us and she always makes me stop so she can see baby Jesus and his mommy and "daddy". I know, I know it is a little hard to teach her everything! I still have a few weeks to try to bring my comertialized Christmas to a spirtualized Christmas.
I hope we can all remember Christ this year!
Merry Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment